Laser Point sensors are provided with a Calibration Certificates with traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Laboratories in Boulder, Colorado (USA) or the Physicalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) in Berlin (Germany).
The actual need for recalibration depends on how the instrument has been used, its conditions and also on the working environment conditions. However a regular maintenance and recalibration are essential to ensure the performances and accuracy of the instruments. International Metrology Laboratories, such as NIST and PTB, recommend an annual recalibration. In order to have your instruments properly serviced, the units must be shipped back to Laser Point where they will undergo a general check-up and full recalibration procedure.
Calibration Capabilities in LaserPoint
Laser Point owns a number of laser sources that are used for in-house calibrations; these sources cover powers up to 300W and include pulsed lasers. Laser Point also relies on contracts for the use of multi-kilowatt lasers with local Scientific Institutes for tests and standard calibrations for its high power heads. A number of detector heads, calibrated at NIST and PTB at different wavelengths, are internally used as Golden Standards for calibration procedures. To trace sensors’ linearity to their full scale, some of those Golden Standards have been calibrated over their entire working range, up to > 1KW for CO2 and 300W for Yag. All measurements made by PTB and NIST, show the outstanding linearity of Laser Point sensors.
Re-calibration Procedures and Timing
- Forward to Laser Point a specific Purchase Order for recalibration: no RMA number is necessary.
- Ship the products taking care that shipping documents include your PO number.
It is mandatory that the PO includes, for each sent item, the following information: recalibration wavelength/ s, whether recalibration has to be done for Power or Power+ Energy; Products Models; Products Serial Numbers.
POs with incomplete information cannot be correctly processed and turnaround times will be delayed.
Shipment costs to Laser Point, both ways, are always on customer’s behalf.
Fast Recalibration Service:
Following this procedure, the typical turnaround times for calibrations will be reduced to 5 working days.
- To book a slot for faster re-calibration turnaround time contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the first available time slot which can be reserved for calibration of instruments;
- Include in the request the following information: recalibration wavelength/ s, whether recalibration has to be done for Power or Power+ Energy; Products Models; Products Serial Numbers
- Laser Point will communicate the first available time slot and customer are requested to take care that goods arrive in advance to the agreed date.
- Items that do not conform to the fast re-calibration procedure will be handled on a first-in-first-out calibration sequence.